[infinispan-dev] Issue posted for JBoss Logging and slf4j

Thomas P. Fuller thomas.fuller at coherentlogic.com
Mon Jun 20 18:33:33 EDT 2011

David,

"Leaving aside the fact that this is basically a "me too" post which actually
describes a completely different problem - can you give some specifics?"

Note that the author of the email asked specifically the following  question:

"Anybody else seeing a degradation in logging behavior?"

If you're an expert with the internals of JBoss Logging, then fine for you to
categorize this as a different problem, but I am not and from my angle one user
has a problem with JBoss Logging and so do I. It is perfectly conceivable that
they could be related which is why I took the time to respond to this specific
question.

Now, moving on to your queries:

Here are the list of Jars that are in the classpath:

hibernate-commons-annotations-3.2.0.Final.jar
hibernate-infinispan-3.6.4-20110430.213848-9.jar
hibernate-search-3.4.0.Final.jar
infinispan-core.jar
infinispan-query.jar
jboss-logging-3.0.0.Beta5.jar
jboss-marshalling-1.3.0.CR9.jar
jboss-marshalling-river-1.3.0.CR9.jar
jboss-transaction-api-1.0.1.GA.jar
jcip-annotations-1.0.jar
jgroups-2.12.0.Final.jar
lucene-core-3.2.0.jar
readme.txt
rhq-pluginAnnotations-3.0.1.jar

Re: "Are all messages duplicated, or just Infinispan's?"

All messages are duplicated, and I just wrote a quite test application in Grails
in complete isolation and the log messages only appear once.

Regards,

Tom