[infinispan-dev] Interested in lending a hand

Olaf Bergner olaf.bergner at gmx.de
Tue Mar 1 09:14:54 EST 2011

I've been quietly following Infinispan's progress and finally made the
decision to offer to help out. Since I'm not an experienced system-level
programmer - I've got a strong background in JEE application development
- I was looking for a not too complex task to start with. I took a look
at ISPN-272 "Implement XA recovery in TransactionXaAdapter" and if I
interpret Manik Surtani's comments correctly it all boils down to
essentially:

* Make it so that Xid[] recover(int flags) returns the Xids of the
LocalTransactions managed by this TransactionXaAdapter that are
currently in state 'PREPARED'

Is this correct? If so I thought about

1. adding a method Set<LocalTransaction>
getLocalTransactionsCurrentlyInStatus(int desiredStatus) to
TransactionTable, and
2. having recover(int flags) on TransactionXaAdapter delegate to this
new method, passing in Status.STATUS_PREPARED.

So:

1. Could you use my help?
2. Is ISPN-272 a good starting point, or are there better tasks for a
newcomer?
3. If ISPN-272 is good starting point, is my proposed solution viable,
or is it lacking?

Regards,
Olaf