[infinispan-dev] transaction recovery design document

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Tue Mar 8 12:16:57 EST 2011

Thanks for the feedback!
On 8 Mar 2011, at 13:23, Manik Surtani wrote:

> Hi there.  I had a look, and while the doc describes the problem pretty well, I don't see any design details on the solution?
Hmm.. all the document is about the solution to support XAResource.recover correctly under various (hopefully all) failure scenarios
>  Especially around what extra state needs to be maintained, where it is to be maintained,
All the new state is a bunch of Xid objects on each node.
I've added a new section to detail that: "New Classes"
> how it would be cleaned up ("garbage collected", in a sense) to prevent OOMs,
that's detailed in Cleanup registered tx from RecoveryManager"
> what extra configuration parameters we'd need
Added a new section to detail that: "XML configuration"