[infinispan-dev] Infinispan memory

Nguyễn Hồng Nhựt nhutnguyenhong at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 23:28:03 EST 2011

Hi Infinispan Devs,
I used memcached all time. I am research Infinispan and make a compare with
memcached.
I have just make a memory test between memcached and infinispan to choose
which one better(best memory saved).

I run Infinispan from command line: ./startServer.sh -r memcached -p 4567 (
I am fresh download and run it with no custom any config file)
and also memcached from command line: /usr/bin/memcached -m 1024 -u nobody
-p 11211 -l 127.0.0.1

with testcase 10000 key and every key has value is byte array  with
length= 1024
Infinispan : => memory: 58MB
Memcached: => memory: 14MB

with testcase 500000 key and every key  has value is byte array  with
length= 1024
Infinispan : => memory: 920MB
Memcached: => memory: 565MB

In Infinispan, any config param familiar with memory cost? and how i
can reduce this cost?

thanks and best regards.