[infinispan-dev] XAResource.recover

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Fri Mar 11 11:37:19 EST 2011

Hi Jonathan,

We're thinking to implement the following optimisation around recovery and want to run it by you first.

As discussed, XAResource.recover broadcasts a call to all cluster members, and all the prepared transactions initiated by this node's TM would be returned from this method.
What we are thinking is the following: only perform the broadcast once, the first time XARespurce.recover is called. After that keep track of the prepared tx that originated on the same node, and return this list only *without* doing the broadcast.
Do you see any problem this approach?

One more (unrelated) question: how does a TM determine that a tx pertains to it or not. Based on Xid's branch identifier perhaps?  We might do some further optimisations based on this.

Cheers,
Mircea