[infinispan-dev] Need RemoteCacheManager.getCacheNames() for Spring integration

Olaf Bergner olaf.bergner at gmx.de
Sun Mar 13 18:30:34 EDT 2011

I have more or less finished my first attempt at implementing Spring
3.1's forthcoming cache abstraction for Infinispan embedded. While doing
the same for Infinispan remote, i.e. for Infinispan's hotrod client, I
noticed that org.infinispan.client.hotrod.RemoteCacheManager lacks a
method for asking it for the names of all caches that are currently
known to it. This, however, is required for successfully implementing
org.springframework.cache.CacheManager. For now, I work around this
limitation by using reflection to get at RemoteCacheManager's map from
cache names to caches. Suffice it to say that this reeks of a hack.

So do you think that adding such a method to RemoteCacheManager is
feasible? Alternatively, do you know of any other way to get at the
names of all caches managed by RemoteCacheManager?

Cheers,
Olaf