[infinispan-dev] Infinispan Large Scale support

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Fri Mar 18 10:54:07 EDT 2011

On 18 Mar 2011, at 13:19, david marion wrote:

> Bela, Manik,
>
>  Thanks for responding. Will ISPN-83 be included in 4.2.1.FINAL? Yes, a large cluster jgroups config would be great. At this point we have taken the UDP config distributed with 4.2.0 and increased all the timeouts. It took about 30 minutes to get to 150 nodes. The cluster appears stable once its up, the problem is in the startup. Based on what I am seeing and have read in the documentation, every time a node wants to join a FLUSH is sent across the entire system and then a new view is created. We are seeing nodes wait minutes to get the new view. It has been mentioned before that Infinispan was tested at 1000 nodes and there may be a couple of places where Infinispan is in use at the several hundred node size. Can we get a copy of the configuration files for these systems?

No, it hasn't been tested on 1000 nodes as yet.  The largest cluster we've tested on is about 128 nodes.  A "large cluster" jgroups config will be based on what we used here.  Expect to see a wiki page on this pretty soon.

I do know of people in the community testing on up to 400 nodes; I don't have access to these configurations though.

Cheers
Manik

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani