[infinispan-dev] Spring Infinispan finished for now

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Mar 31 02:52:14 EDT 2011

Hey Olaf,

On Mar 29, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Olaf Bergner wrote:

> Hi Galder,
>
> Am 29.03.11 11:05, schrieb Galder Zamarreño:
>> On Mar 28, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Olaf Bergner wrote:
>> Hello,
>>>

>>> I've decided that Spring Infinispan is where it ought to be right now,
>>> feature-wise and documentation-wise. There's obviously a lot that could
>>> be done to improve it. Yet I don't deem it prudent to go any further as
>>> long as the fine folks over in Spring land are pondering whether and in
>>> what way to accept our offer. If you wish, you may have a look at what
>>> I've done so far at
>>>
>>> https://github.com/obergner/spring-infinispan
>> Hmmm, very weird, I'm getting "This tree seems to be invalid" errors when navigating through the code?
> Well, I'm not an expert on Git. All I can say that I just made a fresh
>
> git clone https://github.com/obergner/spring-infinispan.git
> cd spring-infinispan
> mvn clean package
>
> and that everything went smoothly. What are the exact steps needed to
> reproduce your problems?

Dunno, it's the GitHub UI that was causing problems. Cloning worked fine.

I had a look at your code and had a comment:

DCM.getCacheNames() already returns an immodifiable collection, so no need to do the same in SpringEmbeddedCacheManager.getCacheNames

>>> depending on which of the two you consider to be more pressing at the
>>> moment. Of course, I'm willing to take on other tasks in case there's
>>> something that needs to be done more urgently. What do you think?
>> Actually, it would be a good time to do https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-78 cos it requires new API and if we're gonna add new API, better do it in the 5.0 timeframe.
> Meanwhile, I already started to work on ISPN-78. It's still very early
> days, trying to get my head around Manik's design document's
> implications and taking tentative steps towards implementing
> OutputStream writeKey(K key) as a starting point. It'll probably take
> some time to come up to speed.

Sure, no probs.

>> As indicated in a separate email, we've decided against https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-984 for the time being since we don't want to polute the Hot Rod protocol
> Hey! You just nuked a splendid opportunity to learn me some Scala!

Hahaha, there's plenty of other Scala related work if that's what you might be interested :). For example:

http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-374

> Cheers,
> Olaf
>>> Cheers,