[infinispan-dev] infinispan + javax.cache impl

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Wed May 4 02:53:59 EDT 2011

Hey Ales,

I had a quick glance and these are my comments so far:

Do you know where's the javadoc or source for the javax.cache classes?

Also, I'm not sure we can really implement this on top of Infinispan. Personally I think it's better if it's implemented within Infinispan. For example:

https://github.com/alesj/lhotse/blob/master/javax-cache/src/main/java/org/jboss/lhotse/cache/infinispan/InfinispanCache.java#L90

You're basically accessing the data container directly there and so you bypass any interceptors. So for example, in a distributed cache that call won't lookup the entry if not present locally. Same thing if the entry is instead located in a cache store.

Have you also tried to run a test with the listener in https://github.com/alesj/lhotse/blob/master/javax-cache/src/main/java/org/jboss/lhotse/cache/infinispan/InfinispanCacheListener.java ? The method parameters for onPut, onLoad and onRemove appear to be wrong.

What does the @MetaInfServices do in https://github.com/alesj/lhotse/blob/master/javax-cache/src/main/java/org/jboss/lhotse/cache/infinispan/InfinispanCacheFactory.java ?

Cheers,

On Apr 30, 2011, at 12:29 PM, Ales Justin wrote:

> Dunno if this was already implemented somewhere else,
> but here is my initial javax.cache impl based on Infinispan:
> * https://github.com/alesj/lhotse/tree/master/javax-cache/src/main/java/org/jboss/lhotse/cache/infinispan
>
> -Ales

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache