[infinispan-dev] [Pull Request] Modular Classloading Compatibility

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Wed May 4 04:50:13 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> On May 3, 2011, at 8:06 AM, Dan Berindei wrote:
>>
>> I'm not even sure we should allow using more than one classloader,
>> otherwise a get operation might return an object loaded from the wrong
>> classloader. After all, we will only use the provided classloader if
>> we need to get the object from another node or if storeAsBinary is set
>> to true.
>
> This is not a right assumption. For example, we don't foresee supporting asymmetric clusters in the short term as discussed in London, so this will require all 2LC entities to be stored in the same cache, and these entities could easily belong to a different classloaders.

I thought Hibernate has some other problems with storing entities in
the cache so it stores individual field values instead? If true, then
the cache would only store Hibernate classes.

Anyway, we already support the multiple classloaders scenario today by
using the TCCL, so I agree that it would be a bad idea to require a
single class loader per cache from now on.

Dan