[infinispan-dev] Invoking distributed exec and mapreduce over hotrod

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Wed May 4 04:50:25 EDT 2011

Galder,

I believe the ability to invoke distributed executors and mapreduce over
hotrod would be very interesting. However, I quickly realized that
internals of both DistributedExecutorService and MapReduceTask rely
heavily on some Cache internals (RpcManager, CommandsFactory,
InterceptoChain) that are only available in non-remote caches. There is
no way to fake this by simply passing RemoteCache instead of Cache.
Either we rethink the internals of DistributedExecutorService and
MapReduceTask or we somehow bridge to these abstractions from a thin
client.

Any thoughts how we could potentially achieve hotrodization of dist. exec?

Regards,
Vladimir