[infinispan-dev] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-977

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Wed May 11 08:29:53 EDT 2011

First thing I thought when reading your email was "OMG do we support
on-the-fly hash implementation changes? crazy!"

That's obviously not the case, but if you name it as
@ConsistenHashChangeListene that's what I would think.

Wouldn't it be better to change the exact timing of the viewchange
event? I don't see why Infinispan users might be more interested in
knowing about the topology details according to the transport than
what they are about the actual Infinispan hashing topology - I would
expect that when I receive which notification the new view is already
installed and ready to go; actually I thought that was the case since
ever.

What would be the use cases to get the notification *before* the new
hash is installed?

Cheers,
Sanne