[infinispan-dev] Invoking distributed exec and mapreduce over hotrod

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Wed May 18 07:15:47 EDT 2011

I would like to co-lead this effort with Mircea. Having two of us on it
would be perfect I believe.

I am personally very interested in this as I envision dist.exec and
map/reduce to be a service API similar to what hibernate, hornetq etc
are today. Imagine firing up Infinispan cluster with 100+ nodes on EC2
and invoking distributed execution remotely from your locally managed
JBoss AS instance/cluster. You could offload any long running
computational tasks to a remote cluster and when you are done turn off
EC2 cluster until it is needed again....

Vladimir