[infinispan-dev] [Pull Request] Modular Classloading Compatibility

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu May 19 06:11:07 EDT 2011

Guys - what are we talking about?  Specifying ClassLoaders is only meaningful if storeAsBinary is set to true.

In general, any situation where you have code booted off different ClassLoaders running in the same JVM and sharing the same cache (or cache manager), you would *need* to set storeAsBinary to true to get around deserialization issues on remote nodes.

StoreAsBinary = false only really works for trivial cases where caches/cache managers run in environments where only one cache loader is in effect.  I.e., *not* JBoss/Java EE/Hibernate/OSGi/etc.  This is one of the reasons why we considered setting storeAsBinary to true by default (and we see similar techniques in competing data grids).

Cheers
Manik

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani