[infinispan-dev] Old JBoss repo in pom.xml

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Thu May 19 06:40:14 EDT 2011

2011/5/19 Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com>:
> The one argument for putting the (new) repo in the pom is that does make getting started contributing easier, and buildable on a clean system with no changes.
>
> Maven guys used to recommend not putting repos in poms, but they changed that a while back and now don't discourage it.

Still I've been consulting in some big companies where there are rules
about it: projects having poms defining a repository can not be used.
Makes it too hard to create a controlled build environment.
I also assume that at some point we might want to have our artifacts
synched with central, I doubt they will accept poms pointing to other
repositories, that was not the case before but it might have changed.

I'd avoid that. people using our artifacts learned how to configure
their settings already, or wouldn't be able to build infinispan core
anyway.