[infinispan-dev] Old JBoss repo in pom.xml

Tristan Tarrant tristan.tarrant at gmail.com
Thu May 19 06:47:06 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:40, Sanne Grinovero
<sanne.grinovero at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also assume that at some point we might want to have our artifacts
> synched with central, I doubt they will accept poms pointing to other
> repositories, that was not the case before but it might have changed.

For reference, here are the Sonatype OSS repository guidelines:

https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide#SonatypeOSSMavenRepositoryUsageGuide-6.CentralSyncRequirement

The important excerpt

"Besides, we discourage putting release repository/pluginRepository in
your POM. In ideal conditions, all your dependencies should be already
in central and central repository is self-contained. Otherwise
people's build might break because of missing dependencies."

So it is not "banned", but there is a strong argument against it.

Tristan