[infinispan-dev] Exposing LockManager?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue May 31 05:05:45 EDT 2011

On May 30, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Dan Berindei wrote:

> I guess you could get a hold of the lock manager via JMX, but it's
> probably better to access it through AdvancedCache.

Just to be clear, we only use JMX purely for monitoring and management at a fine-grained level. A lock manager or similar component should not be exposed via JMX.

> In fact Manik was already suggesting in
> http://community.jboss.org/message/594715#594715 that it should be
> exposed via AdvancedCache, maybe he forgot about it when he
> implemented it.

Yeah, that's precisely my feeling, that he implemented it all but forgot to to add the method in AdvancedCache.

He'll be able to clarify when he gets back.

> Dan
>

> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Galder Zamarreño
> <galder.zamarreno at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Re: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-993
>>
>> This has been implemented but how does a client get hold of the LockManager? You have to use magic cos it's not exposed via the AdvancedCache nor Cache, is it?
>>
>> This is also somehow related to http://community.jboss.org/message/606972#606972
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Galder Zamarreño