[infinispan-dev] Exposing LockManager?

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Tue May 31 05:34:21 EDT 2011

What's the purpose of exposing this? making it possible to explicitly unlock
keys before the transaction ends, and use locks out of transaction?
On 31 May 2011 10:05, "Galder Zamarreño" <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> On May 30, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Dan Berindei wrote:
>
>> I guess you could get a hold of the lock manager via JMX, but it's
>> probably better to access it through AdvancedCache.
>
> Just to be clear, we only use JMX purely for monitoring and management at
a fine-grained level. A lock manager or similar component should not be
exposed via JMX.

>> In fact Manik was already suggesting in
>> http://community.jboss.org/message/594715#594715 that it should be
>> exposed via AdvancedCache, maybe he forgot about it when he
>> implemented it.
>
> Yeah, that's precisely my feeling, that he implemented it all but forgot
to to add the method in AdvancedCache.

> He'll be able to clarify when he gets back.
>

>> Dan
>>

>> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Galder Zamarreño
>> <galder.zamarreno at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Re: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-993
>>>
>>> This has been implemented but how does a client get hold of the
LockManager? You have to use magic cos it's not exposed via the
AdvancedCache nor Cache, is it?

http://community.jboss.org/message/606972#606972