[infinispan-dev] Transport related configuration timeouts

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Tue May 31 09:09:34 EDT 2011

While working on ISPN-83 I realized that we have to form equality
relationships between all our transport related timeouts and verify that
the make sense as configuration instance is being processed.

Alphabetically we have the following timeouts in our configuration elements:

<async>: flushLockTimeout, shutdownTimeout
<deadlockDetection>: spinDuration
<hash>: rehashRpcTimeout
<locking>:lockAcquisitionTimeout
<singletonStore>:pushStateTimeout
<stateRetrieval>:logFlushTimeout, timeout, initialRetryWaitTime
<sync>:replTimeout
<transaction>:cacheStopTimeout
<transport>: distributedSyncTimout

My suggestions so far:

flushLockTimeout < shutdownTimeout
spinDuration < lockAcquisitionTimeout < replTimeout < rehashRpcTimeout
replTimeout < distributedSyncTimout < <stateRetrieval>:timeout

Am I overseeing something? Lets hear your thoughts in the area of your
expertize!

Regards,
Vladimir