[infinispan-dev] Time measurement and expiry

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Nov 2 11:39:53 EDT 2011

I've experimented with some implementations; since the simplest
approach just removes and simplifies code while providing a
significant speedup I'm going to send a pull request for that one: I
just have to add some additional methods to InternalCacheEntry, and
get a good improvement in the eviction "scanning".

Since with 10 million entries it's able to scan/check them all in a
timewindow close to a single second (~ 1,2 s on my laptop), I'm then
proposing as well the second change to remove the "precision check" at
all, which means we don't need any clock and I just need to remove
some ~40 lines of useless and slow code. It seems we're all agreeing
that higher precision is pointless, correct? Especially since the
eviction thread can finish a full scan quicker.

Cheers,
Sanne