[infinispan-dev] performance issue when using return types

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Mon Nov 21 13:01:39 EST 2011

Hi,

The DistributionInterceptor can be simplified significantly now that we are supporting transactional or non transactional caches.
Looking at it I've found an significant performance issues though: seems like for each put we do, if the unreliableReturnValues is disabled (that's the default, i.e. disabled) then we do a remote get and then a put, i.e. 2 RPCs to the same remote node. That seems to be highly inefficient so just wondering is there any reason not to piggyback the return value on the put itself?

Cheers,
Mircea