[infinispan-dev] benchmarking 5.1 vs 5.0

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Mon Nov 28 11:00:48 EST 2011

Hi,

Now that all the 5.1 major work is done I plan to run some benchmarks comparing 5.1 with 5.0. It's not only tx stuff I'd like to compare, as some other were made, so here's my plan of action.

Each of the following benchmarks will be run on local, distributed and replicated caches:

1. non transactional: web session replication[1]
2. transactional (both optimistic and pessimistic): web session replication[2]
3. transactional (both optimistic and pessimistic): tpcc [3]

The difference between 2 and 3 is the fact that 3 induces some key contention between transactions.

Any other suggestion for benchmarking?

Cheers,
Mircea

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/radargun/wiki/WebSessionBenchmark
[2] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/radargun/wiki/BenchmarkingTransactions
[3] tpcc is Radargun extension developed by Sebastiano Peluso from the CloudTM team. It's now integrated in Radargun, I'm working on adding some documentation around it atm.