[infinispan-dev] AS7's Infinispan subsystem custom classes

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Fri Oct 7 09:07:09 EDT 2011

On 6 October 2011 19:30, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 6 Oct 2011, at 07:07, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>> extensions to Infinispan are already using a service interface, have
>> you noticed the "infinispan-module.properties" for example in the
>> Query module and Lucene modules?
>
> This should really be replaced by the service loader approach, there is no real reason we should reinvent the wheel here ;-)

Right. Why are we having a custom implementation?
I guess because there are multiple properties being read, not just the
interface implementation name.

We have:
infinispan.module.name=
infinispan.module.lifecycle=
infinispan.module.command.initializer=
infinispan.module.command.factory=

But .name is not being used, besides logging;
the other three could be splitted in different services.

It might make sense to keep our own structure for more flexibility,
but even so should we not move this resource at least in META-INF ?
Now it is in the root of the jar.