[infinispan-dev] [jboss-as7-dev] Serializing Data in the Modular World

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Oct 7 11:38:38 EDT 2011

Interesting article Jason.

This might be handy for Infinispan because in the discussions we had in Lisbon, we're talking about being able to have the module identifier included in the payload for AS envs. Your solution would make our lifes easier.

Couple of questions:

- Is ModularClassResolver a class of JBoss Marshalling or AS?

- What happens if you use ModularClassResolver in a non-AS environment? Could it delegate to a backup class resolver? I think this could be useful.

Cheers,

On Sep 27, 2011, at 11:03 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I wrote up an article today that talks about the issues (and solutions)
> of serializing in a modular (or any multi-classloader) environment:
>
> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ModularSerialization
>
> If you are developing any kind of component that sends data on AS7, then
> please give this a read.
>
> As an example of the application of this information, ejb3 remote
> communication is being developed to follow solution 3.
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene
> JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat