[infinispan-dev] Infinispan CLI

Michal Linhard mlinhard at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 04:58:41 EDT 2011

On 10/14/2011 09:09 AM, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
> Unfortunately the fact that we need to use JMX means that we will have
> to abandon Python for Java (or use Jython as I wrote before).
>
> I don't see the requirement for java for the admin tool as particularly
> restrictive: Oracle requires that you install the full OCI client
> library, Cassandra's CLI is Java, and, if we look closer to home, AS7's
> CLI is Java too.
>
> Tristan

I don't mind any direction whether it's Java or Python.
(I'm much more fluent in Java than in Python... )
It opens up many new possibilities, like the mentioned JMX querying,
also I guess we could reuse some auto-completion facilities from AS7 CLI.
Actually my first attempt at this was simple Java hotrod console
(https://github.com/mlinhard/demo-hotrod-console)

What I'd like to see in there is similar client abstraction layer
(support chosen set of operation for all three clients, hotrod,
memcached, rest)
I and Rado Husar already did limited version of that in Java for QA
performance tests:
https://svn.devel.redhat.com/repos/jboss-qa/edg/edg-adapter/trunk

I'm glad about these efforts, good CLI makes EDG QA much easier.

m.

--
Michal Linhard
Quality Assurance Engineer

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
Purkynova 99 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic
phone: +420 532 294 320 ext. 62320
mobile: +420 728 626 363