[infinispan-dev] FineGrainedAtomicMap - remaining items

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 14:29:39 EDT 2011

After Mircea's thorough review and advice from him and Sanne we are
almost ready to integrate FineGrainedAtomicMap. I say almost because
Sanne, Mircea and I concluded that two questions remain unanswered.

1) Should we stick fine-grained functionality under current AtomicMap
and discard legacy AtomicMap? FineGrainedAtomicMap seems to offer a
super-set of AtomicMap features and we should not confuse users with yet
another AtomicMap; at the same time we have less headache maintaining
AtomicMap codebase.

2) This one is a bit technical. What should we do if tx1 deletes entire
AtomicMap while tx2 updates entries in the same Map. Should we create a
new Map and apply deltas to a new fresh map *or* simply discard delta
changes because entire Map has been deleted?

Anything else Mircea, Sanne?

Regards,
Vladimir