[infinispan-dev] Reading data differs from a WAR deployment or an EAR deployment

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Sep 1 08:03:25 EDT 2011

update
it might just be a trivial error: duplicate jars on the classpath,
make the equals fail on the key when looking up a value from the
container.

This happened to myself once already and costed us some tear and
blood; I'm tempted to add a check for this to log a fat warning, but
this would have an overhead on a very hot path: to verify when the
class instances are different if their names where actually equal, to
be checked for each key comparison in happening during a cache lookup.

I'm thinking to add such check only if the debug/trace level are
enabled; still that would check for the debug level potentially many
times per query execution, do I'll check the logging level statically
.. better than nothing.

WDYT ?

Sanne