[infinispan-dev] build broken

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Sep 13 06:14:33 EDT 2011

On 13 September 2011 11:21, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:
> Not sure what machine you have but tbh, if I run the tests on my MBP, I can hardly do other stuff, particularly development. I'd need a separate machine for that.

I have a dual core, likely it's not the hardware making the difference
:P It slows down the system a bit, fans spin up, but other
applications stay responsive enough.

> It's true that I should at least run the build to make sure the rest compiles but this stuff should be caught by CI too? Granted that it would not have picked it cos of https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1381
>
> Guys, we have CI for something. If something's wrong, it needs to be flagged, not wait for 1 month (that includes me of course).

Right but the CI is worthless.
Since the tests fail so often that nobody reads the alarms it sends.
I'm still of the idea that master should always pass all tests - we've
been very close with just a couple of tests failing but I can't
remember having it ever seen all green/blue - not complaining and it's
my responsibility as well, just that we can't rely on CI for this
until we take the time to seriously review the testsuite.

Sanne