[infinispan-dev] build broken

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Sep 13 07:20:38 EDT 2011

On 13 September 2011 13:15, Manik Surtani <manik at jboss.org> wrote:
> I agree that the instability in the test suite removes the urgency to get things fixed, and that is a bad thing.
>
> Which is why I think we should group the handful of occasionally unstable tests and put them in a separate test group so that they are not run all the time.  I'll look into this.

+100
I think it's acceptable to disable those tests which occasionally fail
and create a JIRA for each one to be re-enabled when we have time to
look into it. It also tracks what works with confidence vs. what might
be broken.

I don't always know if a failing test is "one of the usual ones", or a
new one which should ring an alarm bell, so this would be useful for
anyone but especially for me as I don't work on it everyday and have a
terrible memory.

Cheers,
Sanne