[infinispan-dev] Request for feedback on cache store support in AS7 Infinispan subsystem

Paul Ferraro paul.ferraro at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 13:08:06 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

The procedure for using a custom key mapper:
1. Add the following property to the <jdbc-store/>:
 <property name="key2StringMapper">class.name.of.key.mapper</property>
2. Add the jar file containing the above class and its dependencies to:
$JBOSS_HOME/modules/org/infinispan/main/.
3. Edit $JBOSS_HOME/modules/org/infinispan/main/modules.xml and add a reference to the jar within <resources/>.

I'll make sure this gets added to the docs.

> > The schema for the remote cache store is far simpler. You can
> > specify a
> > specific remote cache name, server list, and hot rod client
> > properties
> > are directly enumerated:
> > e.g.
> > <remote-store cache="some-named-cache" servers="127.0.0.1:11311">
> >    <property
> >    name="infinispan.client.hotrod.request_balancing_strategy">...</property>
> > </remote-store>
> I see that you also exposed tcp_no_delay and socket_timeout in your
> latest code. Good.

Yep, those attributes are optional, whereas servers is required.

> > I haven't started on the cloud-based store yet, as it's kind of a
> > dependency nightmare.
> Do we really want to include the low-level cloud implementations as
> part
> of AS7 ? We don't provide JDBC drivers.

There are only 4, right?
We can certainly instruct users on the procedure to add the relevant cloud provider jar to the jclouds module.