[infinispan-dev] Asymmetric caches and manual rehashing design

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:02:14 EDT 2011

On Sep 28, 2011 5:24 PM, "Mircea Markus" <mircea.markus at jboss.com> wrote:

> Nice stuff.
>
> Some q:
>
> - When a node CM that has c1 and c2 caches running on it goes down, you'll
end up having  REQUEST_LEAVE(c1) and REQUEST_LEAVE(c2) at the same time. Is
this handled in serial or in parallel?

In parallel, although that shouldn't matter because the rebalance is
triggerred asynchronously.

> - The view updates can be disabled dynamically (DISABLE_VIEW_UPDATES).
Shouldn't we also be able to re-enabled them manually after that?

> The view accept handler updates the pending view acquires the view change
lock in exclusive mode, then releases it immediately
> Shouldn't this be:
> - acquire exclusive lock
> - updates the pending view
> - release lock
> ?

Right, what I meant to say is that it doesn't hold the lock for the entire
duration of the rebalance task.