[infinispan-dev] Testing ISPN 200

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Sep 29 11:12:15 EDT 2011

Hi Israel,
sure adding some additional tests would be awesome.

The three parameters you identified are a good starting point, there
are many more of course like each element of the Infinispan
configuration and the network configuration, but you can start from
those. I'd add at least the number of total values stored: it's
interesting to see how quick you extract a specific subset of values
from a large collection.

What do you mean with "real world" ? Do you mean using several
physically different nodes connected with real wires?

That's something that must be done too, but I'd suggest to start
creating a test which you can easily run in two JVMs on the same
"laptop-class" node, but having "real world" data and usage patterns.
For example you could load the Wikipedia in Infinispan, map each page
to an indexed POJO and then run queries on it to find articles, that
would be a very nice demo too.
After you got that working, it's going to be easier to actually start
a dozen of nodes in a physical cluster - we can start such a test but
since the labs are shared with other projects time is limited and so
we need to come with a plan and with the code well tested, scripting
as much as possible to automate the preparation phase (like wikipedia
download and upload to Infinispan).

Would you like to start looking into this?

Cheers,
Sanne