[infinispan-dev] Master not compiling

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Fri Sep 30 10:19:44 EDT 2011

Hi all,

the master branch is not compiling since the last commit "b6de38a",

but even before that it's not very clean: I'm seeing many branch
merges, history is an mess.

I'm going to recommend again to use Emmanuel's nice build script
https://gist.github.com/789588 which verifies you're actually testing
the commit and not depending on other state,
and to really avoid using the web interface only to do reviews and
handle pull requests.

I know that's adding a bit of a burden to the reviewer's time, but
that's why the original committer should polish his patch in a logical
sequence and add enough commit comments to ease the reviewer's work as
much as possible; otherwise it seems that more often the reviewer does
more work than the original developer, who is not even taking
responsibility for his code as someone else will check it.

I'm not angry :) just worried the discipline is getting a bit too low
for the very demanding standards we aim for and calling for some more
attention.

Sanne