[infinispan-dev] support for XA CacheStores in 6.0

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 09:03:27 EDT 2012

Hi,

This is the continuation of a conversation Tristan, Dan and myself started around adding support for XA cache stores in Infinispan 6.0. It is also related to the CacheStore API refactoring scheduled for 6.0 [1].

The problem:
When configuring an XA cache with a cache store it is possible for the cache store to end up out of sync with in-memory data. In order to overcome that we would need cache store enhancements.

Whilst this is definitely a limitation and a nice to have feature not sure that 6.0 is the time and place to start this enhancement. Why?
There doesn't seem to be any explicit demand from the community/JDG for this feature at the moment, so other features should take priority. There's also a potential workaround for this: don't configure a cache store but the user to manage the XA write in the store directly.
Wdyt?

I've also updated the documentation to clearly state that inconsistencies are possible[2].

Cheers,
Mircea

[1] https://community.jboss.org/wiki/CacheLoaderAndCacheStoreSPIRedesign
[2] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/CacheLoaders#CacheLoaders-CacheLoadersandtransactionalcaches