[infinispan-dev] Redesigning CacheStore and CacheLoader SPIs

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 10:54:29 EDT 2012

^ What kind of timeline do you have for that? I've been having a fair few issues with https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1924 due to cache stores been mainly configured the old way (i.e. they expect an old config object in the interface). So, let's synch up to know which is going to be ready first.

> Participating in JTA is obviously high on the desired list, and I'd also expose some form of batching so that intelligent cache-store can colaesce operations together for better performance.

^ We're alread coalescing operations in async, but I guess you're talking about the cache store being to apply a list of modifications in a cache store specific way? The async store these days just loops through the list and delegates.

I think your suggestion would fit nicely with the coalescing work done now.

> Maybe the ability to introduce some form of compression for values (if over a certain size threshold).
>
> Tristan
>
> As part of the work I'm doing for ISPN-1821 (being able to parse AS configurations in Infinispan), I
>
> On 04/02/2012 02:47 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> I know this is much needed, and perhaps 6.0 may be the time to do this.  Do we have a list of things we want to change here?
>>
>> On the back of https://community.jboss.org/message/726337#726337 it would seem that we need the ability to pass in the ConsistentHash to the CacheLoader when loading entries, so that if the cache store is shared, it can selectively load entries targeted to the node in question.  Either that, or to be able to call CacheLoader.load(CacheLoaderFilter) where CacheLoaderFilter would expose a shouldLoad(Object key).
>>
>> Other thoughts include better JTA integration, etc?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Manik
>> --
>> Manik Surtani