[infinispan-dev] Bug in distributed queries

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Mon Apr 16 07:15:19 EDT 2012

On 16 April 2012 13:08, Israel Lacerra <israeldl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sanne,
>
>>very nice you're back on it!
> My job is taking much of my time... unfortunately. But, now I have a little
> more time! I'm trying to do some tests! :)
>

> The real problem: when the query results size could be greather than
> HsQuery.maxResults, the user will get a exception. Should I open a JIRA? Or
> can I just fix the problem and send on git??

Always open a JIRA as soon as you're sure you have found an issue, as
that is the place were other users might if having any issue. It's
also our way to track problems, so without a JIRA we might forget we
need a solution for it, and the place from which we generate
changelogs: it's important to point out in the next release that such
a problem was solved.

It's also a planning tool: while you open the issue ASAP, you don't
have to fix it immediately as that's not always possible, or sometimes
another issue should get priority. But it's important it's there, so
that it takes part of the overall plan.

Cheers,
Sanne