[infinispan-dev] upgrade to 5.2.x

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 05:42:55 EDT 2012

>> I haven't actually used infinispan-query, so I don't know if
>> infinispan-core needs to have its classes visible. Can you comment?
>>

>> https://github.com/capedwarf/capedwarf-jboss-as/blob/master/build/src/main/resources/modules/org/infinispan/main/module.xml
>>

>> Afaik, it's needed for Infinispan to pick-up Infinispan-Query's
>> extension/integration hooks;
>> e.g. org.infinispan.query.impl.LifecycleManager in META-INF/services
>> ServiceLoader pattern
>
> I think your going about it backwards, though.  The infinispan-query module should depend on infinispan-core, not the other way around.  When creating the GlobalConfiguration, specify the classloader of the infinispan-query module.  You can do this through the subsystem configuration by specifying a module attribute within <cache-container/>.

Hmmm, OK, this might work if the Infinispan-Query is the only hook you want to get picked-up by the Infinispan-Core ServiceLoader pattern lookup.
It won't work if there are more.

What are other known, similar to Infinispan-Query - via ServiceLoader pattern, hooks in Infinispan?

Afaik, users can add their own?

-Ales