[infinispan-dev] Cache Loaders configuration dilemma

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 11:51:46 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

as part of ISPN-1978, I'm migrating the Cache Loaders to the new
configuration builder APIs. I want to change the init() method of the
CacheLoaders which has the following signature

public void init(CacheLoaderConfig config, Cache<?, ?> cache,
StreamingMarshaller m) throws CacheLoaderException

to the following:

public void init(AbstractLoaderConfiguration config, Cache<?, ?> cache,
StreamingMarshaller m) throws CacheLoaderException

This will break all existing cache loaders/stores: I'll fix all the ones
bundled in the distribution, but do we need to provide compatibility
with third party loaders ?

Tristan