[infinispan-dev] MapReduce on REPL and Mapper behaviour

Thomas Fromm tf at tfromm.com
Fri Aug 10 08:09:46 EDT 2012

On 10.08.2012 13:36, Mircea Markus wrote:

>> 2) In case I do not have an Reduce job, I'd like to avoid provide
>> Reducer. Creating feature request that reducedWith(...) is optional?
>>
> As you don't need a reducer, have you considered using the
> DistributedExecutorService with a DistributedCallable for that?

I wanted to execute an operation only once on every key, independend how
many nodes are owner of the entry.
The DistCallable approach was my first solution, where I checked at
every node for every entry, if the current node is owner, before I
modified it.
So using the Mapper was a much simpler solution.