[infinispan-dev] Separate ExecutorService for map/reduce tasks?

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 11:59:00 EST 2012

On 12-12-05 10:53 AM, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
> Yes.
>
> Ideally I would like to have:
>
> GlobalConfigurationBuilder global = new GlobalConfigurationBuilder();
> global
>     .addExecutor().name("blah");
>     .addScheduledExecutor().name("sched");
>
> Configuration config = new Configuration();
> config
>     .clustering().async().replQueueExecutor("blah")
>     .eviction().executor("sched");
>
> Don't take the above as a proposed API, it's just to make things clearer.
Tristan,

I am a bit slow these days. Apologies! So we would *not* have well-known
predefined executors any more, the way we do now? This approach seems to
allow addition of arbitrarily named executors! Which is ok I guess, but
I am viewing this from a perspective of Map/Reduce impl code. There we
would need to look up a well known named executor?

Regards,
Vladimir