[infinispan-dev] Remove/rename log4j.xml

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Feb 7 11:11:31 EST 2012

On 7 Feb 2012, at 14:34, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> Hi all,
> we're having a log4j.xml as a test resource of the Infinispan core
> module. Since I depend on the testing module in other projects, this
> is annoying as there is no easy way to exclude it from the IDE.
>
> Would anyone disagree in me removing it? you need it renamed?

Well it is used when we run tests on the command-line via Maven.  I don't mind you renaming it, provided it is referenced (via -Dlog4j.configuration=….) in the pom.xml files.

Hang on though, isn't this file also packaged in the demos that we ship?  I believe it makes it into ${ISPN_HOME}/etc/log4j.xml.  So again if you rename it in the src tree, make sure the assembly files are updated too.

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani