[infinispan-dev] X-datacentre replication: design suggestions

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 11:15:50 EST 2012

On 2/13/12 4:59 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:

>> This use case cannot be supported by option #3 AFAICS: the bridge
>> between LON and SFO is completely asynchronous and doesn't know
>> anything
>> about sync or async RPCs, so TX2 can be applied in SFO before TX1.
> Why can't the bridge send the messages in the order in which they were enqueued?

It *does* deliver the messages in the order in which they were sent. I
was referring to the async case in general: commits from different nodes
hit the bridge in an undefined order; in your example it could be TX1
--> TX2 or TX2 --> TX1.

(Note that I mixed up option #2 and option #1 in my previous email)

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups (http://www.jgroups.org)