[infinispan-dev] Grid Filesystem

Marko Lukša marko.luksa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:33:34 EST 2012

I've created ISPN-1663 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1663> and
added a pull req (https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/775).

Also see my comments below.

On 3.1.2012 16:31, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> What's Capedwarf? :)

JBoss CapeDwarf Blue is JBoss' attempt to implement GoogleAppEngine API on top of JBoss' technology / frameworks / libraries.
This way making the GAE to JBossAS switch seamless.

(https://github.com/capedwarf/capedwarf-blue)

>> - GFS.getFile("/hello.txt") should point to the same file as
>> GFS.getFile("hello.txt"), but it currently does not. GFS treats these
>> two as two distinct files.
> Hmmm, I can't see how base paths can be passed to GFS on construction, but if they were possible, those two would only be equals if the base path was root (/).
>
> If those paths are meant to be absolute paths, then yes, they'd be the same file.

Yes, since in GFS there's no concept of "working dir" as there is in
regular filesystems, the working/base dir should always be "/".
So, do you think a basePath constructor parameter would come in handy to
anyone? If so, I can implement it (instead of just making sure paths
with a leading / are equivalent to paths without it).

One more question: since GFS is still experimental, is there any reason
against me renaming fields & variables to the project's code style
(currently, some vars are named like "default_chunk_size"); also there's
probably no reason against me making fields in GridOutputStream private?