[infinispan-dev] Cancelling remote invocations

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Fri Jan 6 12:02:21 EST 2012

On 6 Jan 2012, at 15:26, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Do we need a mechanism to cancel remote invocations? I am primarily
> motivated by https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1042 however, I would
> like to make a solution as generic as possible!
>
> Thoughts?
The only possible scenario I have in mind is with the asyncApi. Async API is based on 1RPC operations, so not sure how much they would benefit from cancelation. A possible use case is for large object support[1] but this is not implemented yet.

Cheers,
Mircea

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-78