[infinispan-dev] 5.0 to 5.1 upgrade gotchas

Sérgio Miguel Fernandes sergio.fernandes at inesc-id.pt
Wed Jan 11 09:25:01 EST 2012

On 10 Jan 2012, at 12:29, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Sérgio Miguel Fernandes wrote:
>
>> I guess this is also a 5.0 to 5.1 issue: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1696
>
> In what way is that an upgrade issue? That's just a newly added XML element, nothing that in principiple should affect upgrades.

I had a config file for 5.0 using optimistic transactions with repeatable read and write skew check enabled.

When upgrading that project to 5.1, I had to turn on versioning to be able to use write skew detection.  I could not do it, because of the mentioned bug in the parser, hence the upgrade issue.

--
Sérgio Miguel Fernandes