[infinispan-dev] IgnoreExtraResponsesValidityFilter

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Fri Jan 13 14:20:46 EST 2012

Looking at IgnoreExtraResponsesValidityFilter - this seems to be a scalability issue!  It seems to copy a set of every address in the cluster and gradually remove entries as responses come in.  Isn't this a scalability issue?  Since - assuming a large cluster - for every prepare command, we create a collection, copy into it the entire list of addresses (think hundreds of nodes x hundreds of concurrent threads) only to "count down" on the responses.  I'm almost certain there is a better way to do this!  :)  Maybe even maintain a shared list of members (updated whenever there is a view change) to test for responses from non-members, a counter, and assume that members don't respond to the same request more than once?

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani