[infinispan-dev] simulating connection timeout

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 02:27:16 EST 2012

If this is done in Java code, you could use byteman to change the behavior.

Intercepting and changing the data flow in the TCP/IP stack itself gets
more tricky; you have to insert a packet filter and then drop/reorder
packets. In Java, you might be able to use jnetpcap, which allows you to
get access to the individual packets.

Maybe iptables will also allow you to do this, but it's rather static.

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups (http://www.jgroups.org)