[infinispan-dev] moving asyncMarshalling to jgroups

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Thu Jan 19 09:31:21 EST 2012

Hi Bela,

ATM when asyncMarshalling is enabled[1], we use our own thread pool for a) serializing the object and then b) pass it to the jgroups transport to send it async.
As per [1], this has a major limitation: requests might be re-ordered at infinispan's level, in the thread pool that handles serialization.

A possible way to improve this is by sending both the marshaller and the object to the jgroups transport which would serialize it on the same thread used for sending it. This way we would avoid re-ordering and potentially reduce thread's context switching.
Wdyt?

[1] http://bit.ly/yNk6In