[infinispan-dev] moving asyncMarshalling to jgroups

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 05:19:38 EST 2012

The last person I remember testing async marshalling extensively was Craig Bomba who was indeed the one to spot the re-ordering.

I can't remember 100% cos we discussed this on IRC, but I think he used to see a nice performance improvement with async marshalling, but I think the reordering made it not usable for him.

On Jan 20, 2012, at 10:14 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2012, at 9:08 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:

>>> How is this thread created ? I assume you use a thread pool with a
>>> *bounded* queue.
>> yes, these[1] are the default initialisation values for the pool.
>
> Nope, the default value is not the one pointed out but rather the ones indicated in https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Default+Values+For+Property+Based+Attributes
>
> Which comes from: https://github.com/galderz/infinispan/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/infinispan/factories/KnownComponentNames.java#L59
>
>> Returning to the original question, can't we achieve the same functionality (i.e. marshalling not to happen in caller's thread - that's for async replication *only*) by passing the marshaller(an adapter) to jgroups which would then serialize it in the (async) replication thread?
>>
>> [1]http://bit.ly/zUFIEb

> Galder Zamarreño
> Sr. Software Engineer
> Infinispan, JBoss Cache