[infinispan-dev] very interesting performance results

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 04:01:38 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Bela Ban <bban at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 1/26/12 6:58 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As discussed on another thread, I've hacked the remote get to only go to a
>> single node. The performance of put almost doubled, whilst the one of gets
>> decreased by about 10 percent.
>> The performance decrease for gets is understandable, but I can't really
>> understand why the write got so very fast. The OOB thread pool is not shared
>> between the writes and the reads...
>

> Are both reads and writes marked as OOB ? Then they share the same OOB
> thread pool !

We do mark reads as OOB
(DistributionManagerImpl.retrieveFromRemoteSource). So reads and
writes share the same OOB pool.

I remember not long ago Galder extended RadarGun to monitor GC
activity during the test. Mircea, would it be possible to use that to
also monitor the number of active threads in the OOB and Incoming
pools?